PORTRAIT OF THE INVENTOR
Alois Tradler was born in 1931 in Traunstein. His spent his childhood and teenage years in his home town, where his father founded a motor mechanic workshop in 1933. The shop specialized in the repair of diesel engines. In his father’s business Alois was able to learn the motor mechanic trade.
Following his father’s death in 1955 Alois took over the company and passed his exam as a master craftsman at the top of his class.
In 1965, after 30 years in the heavy goods vehicle sector, the business was converted into a plant and construction machinery business offering both sales and repair. Later the business was extended to also sell and repair tower cranes and excavation machinery.
Following the successful development of this sector which resulted in an exceptionally high market share of the business, a deal was struck to import Kröll cranes exclusively for the southern German region.
In 1976 the trade name changed to Tradler-Baumaschinen GmbH (Tradler – Construction Equipment limited). As the fast growing business soon outgrew the original premises a purpose build premises in Wolkersdorf was commissioned in 1979 where the company offices and workshops are located today.
Since 1984 the company is also licensed as a LIEBHERR-factory trader in surface and excavation construction machinery and successfully serves its customers as one of the 25 LIEBHERR-dealerships in Germany covering the entire spectrum of construction equipment.